Air Purifiers for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
AIR PURIFIERS TO ALLEVIATE COVID-19
COVID is a respiratory disease from particles floating in the air. Air filters purify and detoxify 99.97% of harmful particulates that could carry strains of coronavirus. If you’ve gotten the disease, air purifiers can help mediate the symptoms and make breathing easier while eliminating complications like pneumonia. The results are not guaranteed, but the path to recovery is typically quicker and less painful. Do not use air purifiers as your main protectant against the virus, follow all precautions suggested by your local government like wearing a mask and staying six feet from others.
HOW VIRUSES SPREAD & WHY AIR PURIFIERS CAN HELP
COVID-19 spreads from close person-to-person contact, especially when an infected person coughs or sneezes, according to the CDC. Virus particles are attached to and carried by water vapor, which are tiny droplets that float in a fine mist. COVID is an airborne illness, meaning it’s passed invisibly, which makes it hard to detect, trace, and avoid.
The only way to reliably remove small particles carrying a virus is by circulating the entire volume of air in a room or enclosed space multiple times per hour to increase the likelihood that they’ll pass through a filter.
To work effectively, a purifier must circulate air throughout the entire room.
RENPHO Air Purifier with A True HEPA Filter
RENPHO air cleaner helps to prevent the accumulation of dust on surfaces and can also trap airborne mold spores, bacteria, viruses, and pet odors. Most of these particles go unnoticed and even the cleanest of houses have poor indoor air quality. That’s due to the fact that most of the materials and products found in our homes today off-gas small amounts of chemicals. As a result, an air purifier is vital - just as important as eating healthy and drinking clean water.
Since health experts are advising more and more people to stay home, a HEPA air purifier can play a significant role in minimizing airborne transmission and supporting optimum wellness.
RENPHO Air Purifier
- 5 Stage Filtration System: Pre-Filter (Washable), Charcoal Filter, Activated Carbon Filter, Filter, TRUE HEPA Filter. Effectively eliminates 99.97% airborne pollutants like allergens, odors, pet dander, dust, smoke, pollen, and particles as small as 0.3 microns. With a CADR rate of 135 CFM (230 m³/h), it circulates air 3 times per hour in rooms up to 301 sq. ft (28 m²).
- Smart Air Quality Monitor: Set the air purifier to auto-mode, it has a built-in smart air quality sensor that can detect air quality at every moment, automatically change colors, and adjust fan speeds based on the air quality it senses.
- Whisper-Quiet Operation: Use sleep mode for the bedroom with a noise level at 35dB. Set timer to auto shut off to conserve energy while you sleep. Engage child lock mode to ensure your cat or children don’t tinker with the settings.
- Separated Filter Replacement Indicator: Replace the single filter when the filter indicator light starts to flash. There’s no need to replace all filters together as one piece, which helps to save money. The filter set is available for purchase (Search for RP-AP001 Filter).
- Safe & Certified: No UV-C, No harmful Ozone. Intertek ETL/CARB(California Air Resources Board)/CA PROP 65 certified for sale in California.
What can an air purifier do for you?
Air purifiers do one thing and do it very well: remove fine particles from the air. They are especially good at rapidly filtering out the most common airborne allergens, including dust and pollen; mold, mildew, and fungal spores; pet dander; dust mites and their excrement; soot from automobiles, tobacco, marijuana, and wildfire smoke. HEPA purifiers also capture most bacteria and the particles carrying viruses.
People who have used air purifiers rave (with universal testimony) about their improved sleep, easier breathing, and asthma relief. Recent studies have begun investigating an association between particulate pollution and degenerative brain disorders, including Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. Air pollution from combustion emissions in the US alone results in 200,000 premature deaths a year, according to a 2013 MIT study.
However, in the US air purifiers cannot be marketed as medical devices because it is exceptionally difficult to disentangle the known air-quality impacts listed above from other environmental and genetic factors that influence health. Therefore many people aren’t using them to alleviate their symptoms and improve their health.
HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filters don’t capture volatile organic compounds (VOCs, or more broadly, odors and fumes). To reduce them you need significant amounts of an adsorbent (such as activated charcoal, which chemically binds to and immobilizes the VOCs) and/or a class of minerals known as zeolites, whose extremely fine pores allow them to function as molecular filters. Our VOC on the RENPHO Air Purifier has significant amounts of both.
How To Avoid Coronavirus
At the moment there isn’t a vaccine for coronavirus. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus by following the recommendations from the CDC:
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Wash hands often
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
How to Get the Most Out of Your Air Purifier
Clean or replace filters regularly. As a general rule, you should replace your air purifier filters (or clean those that can be vacuumed) every six to 12 months for pleated filters and every three months for carbon filters.
Place it wisely. Place the purifier in the room where you spend most of your time. Make sure to place the air purifier in a spot where nothing can obstruct airflow — away from curtains, for instance.
Keep your purifier running 24/7. And keep doors and windows closed while it’s in use. We suggest running the unit on the high setting when you’re not in the room and turning it down to low when you’re nearby.
You deserve to breathe easily to ensure a long life with your family.
Live healthy, live smart. #RenphoCare